Saturday, July 30, 2011

Home Again

The journey home was pleasant and uneventful, even the flight was only 5 minutes late taking off. I must admit I was a little reticent leaving Istanbul, having got quite fond of the city and the life there. 
So, as a farewell and an end to an enjoyable brief stay in a fascinating place I have made a short movie from some of the evening video clips. There was nearly always something going on as I was making my way back to the hostel. 
In this clip there is a very decent swing band concert, some dancers putting on a show and of course an ever popular Turkish Whirling Dervish doing his dizzying spinning dance. Also the spectacular Ottoman band beating the drums of war was a sight and sound to remember. Here's to the next time, and there will be, I'm sure. D

1 comment: